Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Toy Hall of Fame






The National Toy Hall of Fame is pretty spot on as far as what toys are gracing its halls. The hall was established in 1998. Here’s a complete list of toys in the hall to date. The National Toy Hall of Fame does include some of my favorite toys but it is missing a few so I now give you the Scot Frassetto Toy Hall of Fame.



Ball- The simplest toy but you can play catch, kickball, 4 square, the list goes on forever. This toy spans over all generations. Plus it’s a toy that keeps you active.


Mini Gumball Machine Football Helmets- These are what got me interested in broadcasting. I would play with these and do play by play moving the helmets around my floor. I even kept the scores and stats on notebooks.



Big Wheel- This is in the National Toy Hall of Fame as it should be. As a former Big Wheel Champion at the Wisconsin International Raceway in Kaukauna, I don’t know how my childhood would have been without this toy. I remember my first big wheel. It was red, yellow, and black with a cobra on it. I loved racing my friends or pushing it around in the snow.




GI Joes- I’m assuming the GI Joes in the Hall are the original GI Joes. Those were fine but I played with the smaller ones from the 80’s and 90’s from the cartoon. Out of all the toys I had I probably spent most time playing with my GI Joes.



Hot Wheels- Get this toy in the Hall of Fame!!! Possibly the best toy ever. Popular when my dad was a kid, popular when I was a kid, popular now. Play with them, collect them it doesn’t matter. My favorite thing was to race them on the ramps that Hot Wheels made. A few years ago my cousins and myself (all of us but one were out of high school) set up the ramp and had race offs all afternoon. Man I loved being a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment