Thursday, September 15, 2011

Google Yourself

Today we talked about a woman who lost her job because a company didn't do a proper background check. They used google. So I thought it would be fun to google myself and I was surprised with the results. The main reason I was surprised was because I did this about a year ago and the results are very different. Last year most of the results were for Scott Frassetto, not Scot Frassetto. Scott Frassetto just so happens to be the drummer for Moby. However, when I googled myself today, I came up a lot. Links to my profile when I was with the Green Bay Bullfrogs is the first thing that came up. I thought that was weird because I haven't been there since 2009. Other links on the first page of google were some track records, my old twitter account, some blogs, and other whitepages type things. At first, Google images has only one photo of myself but after I revised the search to only Scot with one "t" some very old photos come up from when I went to Belize with the Milwaukee Zoo Society when I was in high school.


Try it. Google yourself. Not only is it interesting and fun, but it can better protect your image if there are things you may not want people to see or if there is false information about you online.

No comments:

Post a Comment