Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Words with Feds

By now if you use some sort of social media you should know that what you post is out there for everyone to see.  That includes big brother.  I understand that the Feds need to keep an eye on things to keep us safe from any threats.  However, there are some key words that you use could use in everyday conversation that could raise a red flag and have the Feds looking at you.

Some words are obvious like Al Qaeda, Iraq, nuclear threat, and dirty bomb.  But some words might surprise you.  See if you can pick out the flagged words in these phrases.

I just want some Subway and then crash after all those exercise drills today.
I'm so sick after eating Mexican, I'm just gonna lock down in my house and watch the Brewers and Pirates.  Their relief pitchers are awful

Those two phrases have nine flagged words.  Subway, crash, exercise, sick, Mexican, lock down, relief drills, and Pirates are words that would catch the eye of Feds.  Here's a link to a complete list of the words the Feds look at.

I guess being that I'm using these words on a social media site like my blog I could be looked at as a threat (also a flagged word).  My goal isn't to bog down the the system because like I said, I understand why they are looking at these words.  I hope that they are finding the right people.  I also hope people who use social media are protecting themselves and aware of their posting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment