Monday, May 7, 2012

Scot's Summer Ride with Attidude Weekend

When I was looking at the weather forecast for the weekend last Friday, I didn't think I was going to get out for a ride.  But it looked really nice on Saturday afternoon so I thought I'd go for a quick spin.  But first, I had to head to Attitude Sports to get my new Garmin Edge 200 re-attached and another run-through on how to use it.  Tony helped me out and told me more about the features on the Garmin .  He also noticed my brakes weren't that tight so he got those fixed for me too, which is good. 

This ride I didn't get lost!  I was pretty excited.  I went from the Brooke Street trail towards Pioneer again, to Park, over to Martin to get on the Prairie View Trail again.  I really like that trail.  The Garmin Edge 200 is great too.  Not only does it keep track of my miles, (which were slightly less than what I did on my day 3 ride) but it also keeps track of my average speed, top speed, elevation change, and time.  Moral of the story, my Specialized road bike and Garmin Edge 200 are great but I am slower than I thought.  I'll get better.

Hope the weather clears up this week so I can continue to ride this with Attitude and you can continue to guess how many miles I’m riding in May and win some great gear from Attitude Sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment