Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Memorial Day


This is one of my favorite weekends of the year.  It's  the unofficial start of summer.  Since I was a baby, I've been going up to my grandparents cabin for Memorial Day Weekend.  The last couple of years I haven't been able to go because of the NCAA DIII Baseball Championships but this year I'm very happy I'm heading back "up nort". 

Some people might think no running water, no shower, no cell service, no internet, cabin/tent living is the opposite of fun.  Me, it's one of my favorite places on Earth.  I love ATVing through the mud puddles, floating down the freezing river in tubes, and sitting by the fire with my family. 

I also really enjoy the small town's Memorial Day Parade.  When I was little, it was because of the excessive amount of candy we'd get and the fire trucks.  Now it's to see the men and women who have helped defend this country and watch my grandpa, a WWII Vet, salute them. (and still the fire trucks)

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend but let's not forget why we get to celebrate with cookouts and camping with our family.  Thank you to all the service men and women, past and present.

No comments:

Post a Comment