Monday, July 2, 2012

Last Ride in June

One Tuesday I went out for one last rides in June.  Attitude Sports didn't have their open ride because they were prepping for the bike race that they sponsor.  I did the same route that I did on my first ride with Dave from Attitude, up the ledge twice.  Once again there was a head wind heading up the hill which made it difficult.  However, I was able to keep the same average speed even though I was riding alone.  I compared the two rides on my Garmin Edge 200.  I saw that I climbed much better when I was with Dave, especially the second time up the hill.  I was able to make that time up when I was by myself on the way to the ledge on Winnebago Dr.

On the way back I was exhausted.  I wasn't sure I was going to make it.  I really had to push myself.  Trust me; I felt it the next day too.  But that was the last ride I was able to take.  Thursday was too hot for a ride and this weekend I'm going to Chicago so that's all the miles I'll get for June.  Make sure to go through my rides for June and make your guess at K107.1's contest page.  You have until July 5th to make your guess.  If you're the closest, you'll win a bike light set from Attitude Sports Valued at $49.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment