Monday, July 30, 2012

Ride With Winkler

My Summer Ride with Attitude Sports is coming to a close.  Today and yesterday I got my last two rides in.  Yesterday, I went for a short almost 13 mile ride.  I was going to go up the ledge but thought the rains were going to come and didn't want to get stuck in that situation.

This morning I found a new person to ride with, a Winkler.  No not Bart, but Bart's dad Greg.  He's raced the lake a few times and I really needed to find someone to ride with.  It was a very good ride.  He took me up the west side of the lake on Hwy 45, which I'd never done before.  The first half was very fast.  It's very flat and we had the wind to our back.  The way back was a little different.  On the report from my Garmin Edge you can really tell how much a head wind slows you down, even with a person to draft with.  The 25+ mile ride was my second fastest of the year and was a lot easier because of Greg Winkler so thanks to him.

With my Summer Ride coming to an end I also need to thank all of the guys from Attitude Sports.  They gave me some of the best equipment and the best advice I needed to have a great summer of riding.  They’ve also let you ride away with some great prizes.  There is still time to guess my miles for July on the contest page at k107.com.  If you have the closest guess for July you'll walk away with a bike seat tool kit which is a life saver if you ever get a flat out on a long ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment