Thursday, July 5, 2012

I Have Nothing To Wear! Really?

No, the folks (on-air talent) working here at K107.1 have never been considered the most stylish people around.  Some of us (Bart) have been criticized for wearing the same clothes over and over...and over.  However, I have a much easier time defending the simple t-shirt/polo, jeans look that we sport, compared to this: A recent study found that women spend, on average, $140,000 on clothes in their life time.  However, 60% of these women claim they have nothing to wear.  In what world does that make sense?

That means the average women has purchased over 3,100 clothing items in their life.  That includes 270 pairs of shoes, 185 dresses, and 145 purses/bags.  I understand that body type’s change, I understand that fashion changes as well.  But out of the 3,100 items you have or the 185 dresses you bought, do you really have nothing? 

Again, my fashion sense has been called into question more than once.  Yes, I still have shorts and shirts from 2002 but they still work.  Maybe it’s because I HATE shopping.  I've been literally yelled at by my mom to go out and buy new clothes.  That's what it takes for me to spend money on clothes.  I know this is generalizing because I know women who hate shopping and I know guys who have just as many shoes as that chick from "Sex in the City," but maybe men are just wired different than women because I seriously hope I don't spend even close to $140,000 in my life, even though I always feel like I have something to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment