Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June Rides With Attidude


June is winding down but my Summer Ride with Attitude is still in high gear.  Now that I've discovered the ledge, I try to get up there and practice hills every ride.  The ride I took last Thursday was a good one.  I felt like my climb was very smooth.  The ride back to my apartment was harder because of a head wind but it was a good 25+ mile ride.  After the ride I also found a great new tool on my Garmin Connect.  They have a player that plays out your ride, showing where on the map you were in correlation to your elevation and speed.  That way, you can see where you where on the map when you were climbing.

The ride I took yesterday was a good one.  Once again it was up the Ledge on
Golf Corse Road
.  It felt like a tougher climb because there was a head wind and a hill.  I did my best to keep a consistent pace up the almost two mile climb.  The rest of the ride was really fast.  Down hill and with the wind to my back made it really easy but I still tried to push it.

I've been training and riding really hard this month to get ready for a few tours or races later this summer and I continue to see improvement in my rides.  I've also lost about 10 pounds this month too, which is very hard for me since I'm not big to begin with.  Make sure you keep following the blog and submit your guesses to how many miles I've ridden in June.  You could win a light set valued at $49.99 from Attitude Sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment