Friday, June 1, 2012

May's Biking with Attitude

May is over and I've added up the miles I biked this month.  I did get two more rides I haven't mentioned yet.  One was a really rough 21 mile ride to Rosendale and back.  The reason it was tough was because I didn't know my bike had a break lock.  I must have bumped it.  It was a hard workout being that I biked 21 miles with my breaks on.  The guys at Attitude Sports helped me locate the problem and the next ride I had was my fastest yet.  I took the Prairie View Trail again so you can figure about the same as my other rides on that trail as well as the report I get from my Garmin Edge 200.

On this past Tuesday Attitude Sports started their open ride classes.  I was bummed out when I wasn't able to make it because of high school sports.  They have open rides every Tuesday the rest of the summer at 6pm.  They are free; you just have to meet in their parking lot on Johnson and Main in Fond du Lac.  They will take you out for a ride and teach you some of the skills you might need to know on the road like hill riding, changing a flat, and riding in a group. 

Make sure to take a look at my biking blogs this month.  When you've come up with your guess for how many miles I road, head to K107.com and go to the contest page to submit your guess.  You could win a Specialize Computer for you bike that lets you know your speed, miles, and time. We'll be giving the prize away on Tuesday so get in your guess before then.  Also make sure to keep track of my miles in June because Attitude Sports will be giving away another great prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment