Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Ride with Attitude Back Home

Before the guys from Attitude Sports hooked me up with a new Specialized Secteur road bike and before I moved to Fond du Lac, I still did my fair share of riding in Kimberly/Appleton.  The only thing is, I was using either my dad's road bike, which is older than me, or my mountain bike.  I was excited to see how much different the route I took about two times a week would be on a new road bike.

The answer is easier.  Even though I had a strong head wind most the ride and it down poured for about 20 minutes of the ride, I was still about 10 minutes faster.  Also, after looking at my Garmin Edge 200 that keeps track of my mph, elevation, distance, and maps out my route, I know why hills are so hard.  Last summer when I only biked that route, I thought there were some pretty big hills.  Wrong!  Every ride I took in Fond du Lac I had more of a climb.  Looks like I'll be heading back up the ledge for some more hill practice.

Remember, today is Tuesday.  That means open ride with Attitude Sports.  Meet in there parking lot at 6pm and Dave and the guys from Attitude Sports will go on a ride and give helpful hints for the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment