Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tuesday's Open Ride with Attitude Sports

I've had my new Specialized Secteur for a little over a month now and finally got to ride with some other riders.  Every Tuesday night at 6pm you can come ride with me and Attitude Sports.  They'll work with riders and give helpful hints on how to go up hills, ride in a group, and change tires on the road.

Last night Dave from Attitude Sports took me up the ledge to work on hills and drafting.  When I normally ride, I try to avoid hills.  By looking at my reports I could really tell how much I avoided them.  My elevation gain is at most 180ft. but yesterday we climbed over 600ft.  Dave said he uses that hill all the time for training.  I used to stand when I was going up hills, but Dave told me it burns out your legs.  If you just sit and keep a good rhythm while climbing you won't be dead after the hill. 


We did two loops up and around the ledge for a total of about 33 miles my longest ride this summer so far.  I can't even explain how much easier it was riding with someone else.  Going into the wind was much less difficult. I only needed to work at about 80%.  and actually going faster than I would be by myself going 100%.  If you ride we hope you join us Tuesday nights at Attitude Sports near the corner of Main and Johnson St in Fond du Lac.

No comments:

Post a Comment