Friday, December 30, 2011

2011

For me, 2011 has been a great year! One of the best in recent memory. I've had a great time giving you your music over the past few months and look forward to the new music in 2012. There's so much to look forward to in 2012. Lot's of great new music; Modonna will have a new album, No Doubt will have their first album together in over 10 years and their are many more. In 2011 I slacked on my new movie viewings but I couldn't be more excited for some 2012 films. There's going to be a new Bond Movie "Skyfall", a Spider Man movie, another GI Joe movie, Men in Black III , " The Hobbit", and maybe the most anticipated movie of my life "The Dark Knight Rises".

That's looking ahead but now I'm going to look back at 2011.

Favorite Song: I recently did my Top 10 of 2011 and I had Blink 182's "Up All Night" number one. I'm so glad those guys got back together. They may suck live but their studio album is great.

Favorite Movie: "The Muppets" was my favorite movie of 2011. I didn't stop smiling the entire movie. It's great for all ages. The people behind me were in their 70's and they loved it because of the old TV show and the kids in front of me where 10 and were laughing the whole time. Everyone seemed to love it. I was just happy to see Kermit again.

Favorite Moment: Packers Winning Super Bowl 45 Do I even need to explain my jubilation for this? I was 10 when Green Bay won Super Bowl XXXI so I was never sure if I understood the magnitude. It really was worth the 14 year wait. Like in '96 when Reggie White won it, I was so happy for Donald Driver and Charles Woodson even though they both were injured in the game. That's what made it so impressive, all season they overcame obstacles to become the best. Aaron Rodgers stepped out of the Favre shadow forever. It was the best! I only hope they can do it again in 2012.

Favorite thing I did: Diamond Dancing for the Timber Rattlers. I was an assistant at the Timber Rattlers this past summer and was told I was going to have to dance in front of people at some games. I was worried. I never danced in my life. Then I found out I was one of the people in charge of chirography. It was AWESOME!!! We had over 7 dances, practiced a few days a week and it was so much fun. The best two moments were when we got to dance at Miller Park and when we got a standing ovation from over 6,000 fans at Fox Cities Stadium. You can check out all of the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF3FF47ACE491F7CF&feature=plcp
Here's my favorite two:











Thank you for tuning in to K107.1 this year. It's been a blast! I hope you all have a great New Years and a great 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment