Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Dying for the Holidays... and to be a Tiger



I know people do a lot of weird things with their pets. When I was filling in for Bart, I talked to the author of "Awkward Family Pet Photos," but those folks have nothing on the new pet craze coming to a pet salon near you. People are now dying their pets to fit the holiday season, or to look like exotic animals. The fad started in China. The most popular dyes make their dogs look like tigers or pandas. The other designs for the pups are festive holidays colors with Christmas trees shaved into there sides.
When I first read the article about dying the dogs, I didn't know what to think. I know people who dress up their dogs for the holidays. My parent's dog never had a sweater or anything but she does have a special holiday collar and my brother's dog named Lambeau better have his Packer bandanna on for Packer games but dying the dog for the holidays? I don't think I would want to do that if I had a dog. However, the dyes that make them look like different animals are honestly pretty cool. I think it'd be fun to be walking your dog that looks like a tiger and see the different looks that you'd get. Plus there's a much lower chance of getting mauled.

No comments:

Post a Comment