Thursday, December 8, 2011

All I Want for Christmas is to Know What To Get Others



If you've been listening this Holiday Season, you might have heard that I'm not the most holiday crazed person. Some people have called me a Grinch. It's not that I don't like Christmas, I do. I love spending time with my family and friends, I like the music and movies (in moderation), and the original meaning for Christmas. The reason people think I'm a Scrooge is because I hate the commercialization of the season. I'm not much for decorating, but those who know me know I shouldn't be decorating anything, I'm terrible at it.


The thing I dread the most is Christmas shopping. I like giving presents, I just hate shopping for them. The main reason is it has the word shopping in it. I'd rather go to the dentist than shop. Plus, I never know what to get anyone. I don't want to give people gift cards because that's lazy. I want to give the "perfect gift." This year I found a website that's a HUGE help. Etsy.com It has a free facebook app that goes through all of your friends' likes and finds gift ideas that correlate. When I first looked into, it I thought it was going to come up with dumb, generic ideas and they'd be mostly the same for everyone. However, the site actually does a great job. Some of the things listed I've actually bought for people in the past. Now that Esty.com helped me with the gift ideas I need to get off my butt and get them. Christmas Eve sounds like a good day for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment