Monday, December 5, 2011

No Longer a Need for a Bigger Boat

It's a great movie and it made for a great ride and now...it's going to be gone. The Jaws ride at Universal Orlando is going to be permanently closed on January 2nd 2012. The Jaws ride was one of the original rides in 1990 when the park opened. I remember going to Universal when I was about 10. I couldn't wait to go on the Jaws ride and have my socks scared off and I remember it living up to its billing. If I went back today, sure, I wouldn't be scared, and it probably looks like a cheap plastic shark coming out of the water, but is an original ride. Make an upgrade like Disney did with the "Pirates" ride.

There are just some rides that should never die and Jaws was on top of that list along with "It's a Small World," "The Flight of Peter Pan," and "ET's Adventure," which is now the lone original ride at Universal Orlando. Some of those rides are terrible. "It's a Small World?" That rides is awful but Disney could never get ride of it because it so important to the park's history. I know people want new and exciting rides and the technology is only going to get better to make for better rides. But its also important to preserve the history of the parks because these parks and these rides are a big part of US history and Universal, you just killed Jaws but this time it's not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment