Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top 5 Love Songs For Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day everyone! Hope you are all having a great day. Today at K107.1 we tried to get you into the romantic mood with our top five love songs brought to you by Fox Diamond Center and Botanicals. Chuck was our listener winner and walked away with some great prizes including a necklace from Fox Diamond Center and a dozen roses from Botanicals. We all hope you enjoyed the K Crew sharing the love.

My love songs were as followed:
5.) Linger by The Cranberries - I've always liked the Cranberries and this song is used very romantically in the Adam Sandler film "Click."
4.) I Promise You by N*Sync - It's no secret that I'm a huge boy band fan and no love song list is complete without a boy band ballad. I could've gone with "All I Have to Give" by the Backstreet Boys or a different N*Sync song with "God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You" but I chose to go with "I Promise You." Also, this was the only boy band song that made anyone's list. Come on people.
3.) Your Song by Elton John - A lot of couples have "their song." I've never been one of those couples but my brother and sister-in-law are. "Your Song" is their song and I think they set a great example of what love is supposed to be. Plus, it's use in "Mullin Rouge" is just great.
2.) Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis - When I think of a love song, for some reason I think of middle school slow dancing. I don't know why but a song you can slow dance to is a great love song and this is a great one by The King.
1.) Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton - I was not alone in thinking that this song is one of the best love songs out there. It was also number one according to our listeners as well. It's a song that's great to slow dance to and Eric Clapton does a great job of expressing how he feels about tonight.

Hopefully you've enjoyed the love songs today and hopefully you have great Valentines Day.

2 comments:

  1. I'd take any of Backstreet's ballads over all of nsync's any day. Let sync stick to dance numbers, their ballads were pallid compared to Backstreet's richer, more emotionally driven ballads. My favorite? Too many-More Than That, Unmistakable, As Long As You Love Me, Back To Your Heart, and most recently--Love Is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list! N*SYNC was definitely a great choice as was Elvis.

    ReplyDelete