Thursday, February 23, 2012

How Old Is Too Old To Teddy Bear?



"I can't fall asleep without my teddy bear!" One would think that's a common enough phrase when talking about a six year old, but what about a 28 year old guy? Apparently that's exactly what you’d be hearing if you were in Great Britain. According to a survey done by Travelodge around 35% of adults still sleep with their teddy bears. They say that it helps them de-stress and fall asleep. I thought that was a little weird but it gets stranger. Twenty-five percent of men say that they take their teddy bear with them when they go away on business trips. They say the same thing, the bears help them fall asleep because it reminds them of home and helps them cuddle. I understand that they might miss home, and that cuddling can help you fall asleep but couldn't they just use another pillow?

The weirdest thing about the survey was that 15% of guys still consider their teddy bear their best friend and still share intimate secrets with it. Hmmmm? I don't know any guys that still sleep with their teddy bear, or maybe I do but they would never admit it but still talking to it is very weird. Get a dog or cat or something.

That brings up the question, how old is too old to be sleeping with a stuffed animal? I stopped when I was about 12 years old and I thought that was too old. I guess I was wrong. The one thing from the survey that I didn't find weird was that 50% of adults still have their original teddy bear. I've had my teddy bear since I was 6 months old (his name is Scoteph, I don't know why) and I would never get rid of him. No I don't still sleep with him; he's still at my parent’s house in the bass drum for my drum set. I'm the kind of guy that likes to hold onto those sorts of things. However, I'm not still sleeping with him or sharing secrets with him. If you're one of those guys, more power to you I guess, you're probably getting a better sleep than the rest of us.

1 comment:

  1. teddy bear
    Useful information ..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us this useful information. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.

    ReplyDelete