Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sweet Dreams? I Don't Think So



We've all heard the phrase "sweet dreams." Sweet dreams are made of these, sleep tight and sweet dreams, and so on. You may have also heard the phrase “sleep on it” after going through a tough day or before you have to make a big decision. Apparently "sleeping on it" will make it harder for you to have "sweet dreams."

During a study, people were shown disturbing images of war, car crashes, or famine. Half of the people went to sleep and the other half stayed awake. The people who went to bed right away felt worse in the morning. They said the images stayed with them better than those who had time to maybe think them off. Researches said they weren't sure why there was a difference.

What goes on in the mind while we sleep, to me, is one of the most interesting things. I have no idea why I dream things I dream. Sometimes there is an old classmate who I never even talked to when I was in school that makes an appearance. I also have a few reoccurring dreams too. I actually had one last night where I'm rafting down what looks like a more violent version of the Fox River and instead of taking the locks I get sucked going down the dam. It's scary stuff. Once again I have no idea why I'd dream that. One thing I actually like is falling dreams. I've only had two or three that I can recall but it's an interesting sensation. It's a thrilling feeling plus you wake up before you die. The other plus side is I never had that dream when I actually was falling out of bed or off a couch.



No comments:

Post a Comment