Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spin Off

This morning I came in early to have a friendly competition with Mr. Bart Winkler. The challenge: who could last longer on a spin bike? The wager: loser does the other person's show for an hour. I'm happy to say I will not have to come in at 6am to do the first hour of Mornings with Bart. Bart will be doing my 6pm hour this Friday because I lasted 48 more minutes on the bike than him.


I have to say thanks to all of the support that we received throughout the morning. We both really appreciate it. Bart gave me a run for my money, biking for 2 hours and 18 minutes. He was getting great support. It kind of felt like I was the visiting team going into someone else's house. He was getting calls from his dad and texts from a lot more people cheering him on. But that's ok, I still thought it was a lot of fun and I think he was really feeding off the support he got which made it much more of a challenge.


After the ride, I'm not going to lie, I was exhausted (and I smelled.) I felt really bad for Nick Thomas who had to be in the studio right after the Spin Off. Bart was so tired that he almost fell after he got off the bike. As for me, I tried not to show my pain but when I got home I feel asleep almost as soon as I got out of the shower. Three hours is a long time on a bike but it is something I enjoy.


The reason we were spinning off this morning was to get everyone set for the Super Spin Saturday going on at the Fond du Lac YMCA January 21st. For more info you can go to the Ride for Rosita facebook page. You can also check out all of the videos from the spin off at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=K107Tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment