Tuesday, October 25, 2011

When I'm 82 I Won't Be Killing Moose

When I'm 82 (if I get there) I doubt I'll have the energy and physical skills to do what this 82 year old grandmother from La Crosse did last month. She was on a hunting trip with her son in Canada and shot a HUGE moose from over two football fields away. The moose's' rack was over five feet across. The moose is so big it won't even fit in her house, her son needs to build her a new trophy room for it. Joyce Herlitzke picked up hunting when she was 78 so she could spend more time with her family.


I can't imagine what I'll be doing at that age but I'm sure it won't be killing moose. Hopefully I can be that active though. My grandpa has set a good example for me. He's 91 and he still loves going up north riding around on the ATVs and cutting down trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment