Monday, October 10, 2011

Things That Don't Work and Things That Better Work




Today I talked about some things that people think do things but actually do nothing. For example, the close door button on elevators, yeah, that doesn't do anything. Also I found out that many office thermostats don't control the temperature in the office either. Here is the complete list of stuff that doesn't work.



Now none of these items really affect me. If I have to wait an extra 7 seconds for an elevator door to close, so be it but what are some things that would upset me if they didn't work when I expect them to?



3.) Hot Water - I don't mind a cool shower every once in a while. It can wake you up in the morning or cool you down on a hot day. However, I don't like stepping into a freezing cold shower unexpectedly or coming in from shoveling in a blizzard and trying to warm up with a shower and only get cold water.



2.) My car - It's one of the most expensive things people own. It's how many of us get around. It better work. A few times my vehicle has died on the road and I had no idea what was wrong with it. Normally I open the door, insert the key and drive, end of story. That's what's supposed to happen and when something else happens I'm at a loss. If it does it again, sorry folks I'm going to be late for work.




1.) Toilets- This one actually worries me. Toilets are supposed to hold waste (the most polite work I could use) and then get rid of it no questions asked. Not many things freak me out more than when a toilet doesn't take away waste like it's done 99% of the time. I'm afraid that the bowl with overflow along with what's in it. I'm not a plumber, I'd have no idea how to deal with that problem and like they say, when you gotta go you gotta go. So my toilet better work.

No comments:

Post a Comment