Friday, November 18, 2011

Thank You Moms



I came across an article today about mothers, and how much time they spend on us (their kids). I know they spent a lot of time raising their children but I didn't think it was this long. How long? How about a third of their waking life! That's equal to about 1,135 days, proving that being a mom really is a 24/7 job. Here's a list of chores that moms do through out a lifetime.

Food shopping 4,155 hours 49 minutes
Cooking 3,603 hours 36 minutes
Tidying 2,620 hours 48 minutes
Washing 2,442 hours 57 minutes
Washing up 2,180 hours and 42 minutes
Ironing 1,787 hours 45 minutes
School run 1,740 hours 57 minutes
Helping with homework 1,544 24 minutes
Cleaning the bathroom 1,506 hours 57 minutes
Appointments 1,432 hours 4 minutes
Taking kids to after-school clubs 1,301 hours 2 minutes
Paying bills 1,240 hours 12 minutes

I'm not saying this to discourage people from having kids or trying to depress women who have kids. I bring this up because moms only get about two days a year that are "their day." Their birthdays and mothers day. Lets look at this...1,135 days life dedicated to their children, 2 days a year dedicated to them. That doesn't add up. So I'm dedicating this day to moms everywhere especially my mom. She's still doing chores for he kids and they don't even live at home anymore.

Thanks mom and moms everywhere for changing our diapers, to making us lunch, to taking us to school, to helping apply for colleges, to teaching us how to bake a potato (I still call my mom every time I make food that's not pizza.) Moms You're the best and it'd be impossible for us to be here without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment