Friday, April 13, 2012

Awesome Pet Names

A few months ago I asked "What's in a Name". Naming something is a big deal whether it's a wing of a hospital, a baby, or your new puppy. The only difference between them is you can have much more fun with the pet’s names. I hate it when people give their pets a person name. It's such a waste. You can name it anything and you decided Max. Terrible.

When I was little, we only had fish and a little dog. We named the dog Oreo because she was black and white. No, it's not the greatest name ever but it's a solid dog name. As for the fish, I think we named them by species, there was Glass, Shark, and Jumper (Jumper was the fish that would jump out of the tank when you fed them.) If I were to name a pet now, I’d probably name it an inanimate object like Light Switch, Eyelash, or Hatchet. Another great thing to do is add prefixes or titles to the pet names like mister, doctor, or captain. Some of my favorite pet names given out by my friends are Fatty Iris, Ninja Steve, and D.O.G. (pronounced Dee-O-G).

Every year the Bandfield Pet Hospital gathers pet names from across the country and comes up with the ten best names. Here they are.

10. Alyssa Butter Scooch
9. Baron Von Doodle
8. Cookie Fudge Rainbow
7. Emperor Chewy Teddybear
6. Lord Godrick Von Mousenberg
5. Honey's Lil Midnight Moonshine
4. Chairman Meow
3. Beetle Juice Monster Pants
2. Sir Goose Slobberalot
1. Fatty Mcbutterpants

My favorites are Fatty Mcbutterpants, Chairman Meow, and Emperor Chewy Teddybear. Whenever you add Fatty to a pet’s name, I think it's funny. Chairman and Emperor are new titles that I never thought of using for a pet name. So next time you bring your little bundle of joy home (no, not your kid) have fun with the name, your pet might end up on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment