Friday, March 30, 2012

The Madness Of March





March is one of my favorite months of the year. I've finally recovered from the holidays, winter is almost over, and of course March Madness! The NCAA tournament is always exciting and even though this year’s tourney didn't provide many last second heroics, it did have its fair share of upsets. I even got emotional which I normally don't (unless it's a Packers game) during the Marquette and Badger games. No, they didn't make the Final Four, but it was great watching their run. The only thing that messed up my March was my busted brackets...again (I really need to just stop.)

Not only was the NCAA tournament exciting, but the WIAA state basketball playoffs were entertaining. I followed many of the local teams, from Little Chute, the first team ever to lose two playoff games, to the great overtime game at St. Mary's Springs, to the state finals games.

Another fun thing that was added to my March was our Facebook Faceoff March Madness Best of the 80's Tourney. We took 32 of the best songs from the 80's, matched them up with some listeners and you voted for the best. It was a lot of fun seeing which songs you wanted to see move on. There were defiantly some surprises and huge upsets. No Michael Jackson in the Elite 8??? He's the king of pop! Also, I enjoy The Police but I never thought they'd make the FINALS! Before the tourney started I thought Bon Jovi was going to be the favorite but they were upset by Jessie’s' Girl in the 2nd Round. It's been tons of fun and we greatly appreciate the votes that we've been getting at facebook.com/k07.1

The Finals are going on this weekend so make sure you vote and tune in on Monday to hear the winners. The people who were match up with the songs in our Final Four are going to win some great prizes from Save A Lot, Hoppers Silk Screening, The Butchers Block, and Fox Diamond Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment